Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Note to my Googlers

First of all: you really don't want to consult a computer programmer and erstwhile English teacher about your mole that is red, itchy, growing, or otherwise changing. You want something like this site:

Mole Melanoma Information Site

Second: no. you don't die if you scratch a mole off. Nothing at all spectacular happens. But it's not a treatment, either. See above.

Now, as for Chinese mole reading: so many of you search for it that I suppose there must be such a thing, but I don't know anything about it. You're on your own. I know you're anxious to find out what a mole on your chin (forehead, ring-finger, knee) signifies. Personally, speaking as a computer programmer and an erstwhile English teacher, I think it probably signifies that you have a mole on your chin (forehead, ring-finger, knee). But what do I know?

For those of you who want to find "picture of mole (animal)" or "mole cartoon," what you want to do is click the word "image" above the google bar and then search for "mole." Glad I could help.

For the surprising number of you who want to know "why does bread mole?" -- now you, as an English teacher, I really can help. It's spelled "mold," with a 'd'. Repeat your search with "mold" spelled that way, and you won't end up reading bad buddhist poetry on the internet the night before your science paper is due.

For the rest of you, I will reluctantly admit that yes, I did once write the sentence, "I want to have an affair." But I'll go out on a limb here and guess that what you're looking for is not a happily married, stout, white-bearded, 48-year-old male. Since you've gotten this far, though, I will give you a bit of advice: there's one thing you can always find, if you go looking for it, and that's trouble.

No comments: