Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Forty Questions

For some reason this one really charms me. Udge did one and so did Beth. I'm tagging you, Dear Reader.

1) Who is the last person you high-fived? -- Hmm... I don't know. I'd guess my teenaged friend Jonquil.

2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive. -- Odds are pretty good. I wouldn't expect my odds to be much different from anyone else's, which I think is what the question is driving at.

3) Do you sleep with the TV on? -- Nope. Only TV in the house receives two channels and is on for two hours Saturday mornings. & it's in my son's room.

4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton? -- Sure. Last night, in fact.

5) Have you ever won a spelling bee -- I must have, in grade school. I was pretty insufferable that way.

6) Have you ever been stung by a bee -- maybe once. Half a dozen times by yellow-jackets. They get mean, late in the Fall.

7) How fast can you type -- pretty fast, but my accuracy's not all that good. I spend a lot of time backspacing.

8) Are you afraid of the dark? -- I LOVE the dark.

9) Eye color -- sky blue.

10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? -- Oh. Yes. Yes, definitely. Yes.

11) When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower? -- a couple months ago?

12) Do you knock on wood? -- oh yeah. I have a little piece of wood I brought into the office especially for the purpose, since there's no real wood here in cubicle land. More often though I say "knock on wood!" and rap on my skull.

13) Do you floss daily? -- I seem to do it daily for a month or two, and then forget it for a week or two, and then do it daily for a month or two, and so on.

15) Can you hula hoop? -- Nope. Can't make the things stay up at ALL. Bugs me.

16) Are you good at keeping secrets? -- Yes.

17) What do you want for Christmas? -- I deeply, devoutly, wholeheartedly want the damn holiday to go away. I hate it.

18) Do you know the Muffin Man? -- No, which I think is too bad.

19) Do you talk in your sleep? -- Not often.

20) Who wrote the book of love? -- Emily Bronte wrote one of them. Charlotte wrote the other.

21) Have you ever flown a kite? -- Sure. I even sold them once, on the beach near Astoria.

22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? -- Never heard of it. Too old to start now.

23) Do you consider yourself successful? -- Huh. I don't know.

24) How many people are on your contact list of your cell? -- You get me a cell, I'll tell you how many contacts I put on it.

25) Have you ever asked for a pony? Nope.

26) Plans for tomorrow? Figure out why my damn tests run on Mr Gates' operating systems in the US, but not in Canada.

27) Can you juggle? -- Yes, but only three objects at a time.

28) Missing someone now? -- Yes.

29) when was the last time you told someone I Love You? -- This morning.

30) And truly meant it? -- Of course!

31) how often do you drink -- Almost never.

32) How are you feeling today? -- Delighted.

33) what do you say too much? -- "Oh, anything's fine with me."

34) Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? -- Hmm. I don't think so.... but I could have been.

35) What are you looking forward to? -- Visiting Montreal.

36) Have you ever crawled through a window? -- Oh yes, many times. Mostly for fine upstanding reasons like being locked out.

37) Have you ever eaten dog food? -- not that I remember.

38) Can you handle the truth? -- Well, better than I can handle lies, anyway.

39) Do you like green eggs and ham? -- Sure. What's not to like?

40) Any cool scars? -- Oh yeah. I have one shaped like the orange mark on a Black Widow's belly on the back of my left thumb. I think it's really cool.

No comments: