Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Thank You!

I aspire to be one of those bloggers who are courtly hosts, who always respond thoughtfully to their commenters, but I find that I'm very haphazard about responding, and often I don't respond at all to the comments I find most moving or interesting. For instance, there was comment after comment to "That Wonder", and I thought all of them were much lovelier, more interesting, and more perceptive than the post itself, but I never managed to say a word back to them. Sometimes the better the comment the more abashed I am.

So anyway, let me thank you all here, and assure you that lack of response does not mean lack of appreciation. Maybe someday I'll achieve courtliness. (It don't come natural to kids from backwoods Oregon, though, so don't hold your breath.)

No comments: