Thursday, March 26, 2020

Daily Bread

Thank you for this food, gathered and grown
at unknown price by unknown hands;

brought from far places by those
who would rather be at home.

Thank you for these loved ones 
who step glad and unafraid

into darkness, take my hand,
and find the courage I could not.

Thank you for this breath, these ribs
splayed by greed but closing now as slow

as flowers at the half light, 
and help me daily to remember

there is a dale behind the dale;
there is a mountain behind the cloud.

6 comments:

Pascale Parinda said...

<3 <3 <3

Thank you for this, Dale.

Dale said...

Thank you Pascale!

Kathleen said...

Yes, thank you for this!

Dale said...

I need to add some lines about being grateful for readers, I think. Thanks, Kathleen!

Dave Bonta said...

Don't add anything. It's perfect.

Dale said...

Thanks, Dave.