A May Day Contemplation, in Seven Easy Steps
(1) Stop. Look around, at every single made thing in your field of vision, and think: who labored to make this?
(2) Stop again. For every person who labored, think: who labored to make their labor possible?
(3) Stop again. For every person who labored to make their labor possible, who labored to make their labor possible?
(4) If you haven't yet reached an uncountable number of people, you're not thinking very hard, but go ahead and do another round. Now you've got an uncountable number.
(5) Now, imagine that every one of those people worked solely out of love for you.
(6) Notice how you immediately balk at incurring such a debt of gratitude, and object that they only did it in pursuit of their own interests.
(7) Ask yourself how you know.