Monday, November 07, 2005

Yellow Leaves, or None, or Few

Silver milk in the tide-pools of the sky; soft gray hands catching the light as it's born; dear friends and enemies walking in the clouds. Dakinis are not like houris. They come and go as they please.

Here are seven points to consider at leisure:

1) Fingers learn to touch their own mouth first.

2) The copper taste of blood pleases crows.

3) But not people who have coughed it up much.

4) I am the wind before it blows, and the rain before it falls.

5) God liked rats, cockroaches, people and crows best of all; he put them in all his best work.

6) Kisses don't kiss people. People kiss people.

7) Good cooks clean up as they go.

I love you more and more with each passing day. But I'm keeping that a secret. I promise, I won't tell anyone, not a soul.

No comments: