Friday, May 21, 2004

Note to Typepad bloggers

Yesterday and today I've been blocked from commenting on your sites. My IP at work (not that I would ever blog at work) represents a large number of hosts, so if any one of them gets infected by a spammer, boom, I'm blacklisted.

My guess is that typepad just started consulting spamhaus to block people, because my IP at work has been on and off this list for months, but this is the first time I've had trouble. The people at CBL (that's one of the lists that spamhaus consults) tell me they don't support being used to defend blog comment services -- just email servers. (Although that doesn't really seen very different, to me.)

So anyway, for a while, unless typepad changes its mind, you typepadders may only be hearing from me by email.

No comments: